Author Topic: Any tow truck drivers in here?  (Read 1958 times)

Offline alexrex20

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Bullets are fast.
    • View Profile
Any tow truck drivers in here?
« on: February 25, 2012, 05:30:47 PM »
If you are, let us know where you work and what color your truck is, so we can be sure to stay out of your way as you break every traffic law as you race to the traffic accident. You do 100mph where it's posted 45mph, run stop signs, run red lights, pass on the shoulder, pass in the center lane, etc. The tow truck is not picked on a first-come-first-serve basis, so there's absolutely no reason for you to drive like a jerk. But you do it anyway. So please, let us know what part of town you work in so we can stay out of your way. We don't want to get run over by an 8000lb truck that's doing 100mph and can't stop for a red light.

These two trucks pulled out of the gas station and basically ran everyone off the road. Surprisingly, they waited for this light to turn green... although one of them did go straight from the turn-only lane. They did 80mph+ down FM 2920 (posted 50mph). Who knows what other laws they broke after I lost sight of them and turned into my neighborhood.

I really don't understand why they're allowed to get away with this reckless driving.

When I see people stuck in a ditch or a wet grass lot or whatever, I go out of my way to be a Good Samaritan. More importantly, I'm doing it for free and a LOVE stealing business away from these vultures.

Offline alexrex20

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Bullets are fast.
    • View Profile
Re: Any tow truck drivers in here?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 05:50:08 PM »
Yes they are licensed by Harris County. I'll have to investigate. It seems like it's only a problem in the Houston area. There was even an accident a few years ago where a tow truck driver killed another motorist when he blew through a red light and hit their car.

Offline Domineaux

• Administrator
  • Tactical Genius
  • Work from home server admin and family man
    • View Profile
    • Suggestions by Domineaux
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 06:06:01 PM »
Right on Alex I agree completely.
"One cannot restrict the defiant by constraining the compliant."

Project One Million:Texas - Click here and Join NRA Today!
Suggestions by Domineaux
-Tony

Offline michaele

• Expert Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 06:07:38 PM »
My father owners a wrecker company.   Do not put all of these guys in the a group.   Some are assholes not all of them.

Offline alexrex20

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Bullets are fast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 06:13:14 PM »
Until I see a tow truck that isn't being driven by a dbag, then they're all the same to me. The only ones that drive like normal people are the ones that don't respond to accidents - repo, most flatbeds, for hire, etc.

Perhaps you should go for a ride-along with your dad's drivers...

Offline michaele

• Expert Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 06:36:34 PM »
Ok so that attitude is the same as anti's have towards guns.   
As for a ride along, I have several times with him.  Funny that people like you love to judge them but hate when your judged.  I will not repsonde back to this so say what ever you feel.

Offline houstonch73

• Can Pack a Range Bag
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 07:26:00 PM »
Until I see a tow truck that isn't being driven by a dbag, then they're all the same to me. The only ones that drive like normal people are the ones that don't respond to accidents - repo, most flatbeds, for hire, etc.

this!!!

I'm sure there "are" some good guys out there just like there are good of any occupation.  This occupation just really stands out as one dominated by this attitude and behavior.  Maybe its one bad apple ruins the barrel mentality but I have no respect for any towtruck driver whatsoever.

Offline Domineaux

• Administrator
  • Tactical Genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2012, 09:43:11 PM »
Only thing certain with gross generalization is that you'' be wrong.
But yes a lot of tow truck drivers have that mentality and suck for it.
Since they don't get the job on first come basis, there is absolutely no need for driving like they are a fire truck or worse.

Suggestions by Domineaux
-Tony

Offline houstonch73

• Can Pack a Range Bag
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2012, 10:49:41 PM »
Only thing certain with gross generalization is that you'' be wrong.
But yes a lot of tow truck drivers have that mentality and suck for it.
Since they don't get the job on first come basis, there is absolutely no need for driving like they are a fire truck or worse.

I agree with what you say about gross generalization but when the majority of my encounters give me that opinion, its natural to assume (first) that they all are like that.  I'm not against the possibility that there are good ones but I have learned to expect the worst and accept the small possibility that I may be surprised.

As for first come first serve, actually it can be that way.  If they can get the stranded motorist to choose them then yes they get the tow.  What you're likely referring to is the "coins in the hat" that gets pulled out when they're all standing there and the motorist hasn't decided.

Online Jeb_66

• Administrator
  • Just Plain Scary
  • Same S#! Different Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 11:50:38 AM »
Holy sheet.  I'm with michaele on this one.  There is a tow truck company around here that we use, but they also do repos, accidents, etc.  Sure I have seen a few morons with them, but they don't last long.  The normal group of guys I ever see with these tow trucks, both when the come to the shop and when I see them driving on the highway, are just normal guys doing their job.  Not being dbags or anything like that.  I'm sure you guys probably see more of that BS in Houston than I do here, simply because of the population.  But not ALL of ANYTHING is the same, lol.  I don't blame you for having that predispositon after seeing so many of them be dbags, but I have the opposite predispostion for the same reason. 

Just like big truck drivers.  A lot of people assume they are all dbags because of the way some drive on the interstate.  But I know an entire crew of loggers from back home, all of which are everyday guys just doing their job.  They drive like normal human beings on the highway. 

If you make large generalizations like that I have a few.  How many of you drive European imports?  All of you are dbags.  How many of you have blonde hair?  All of you are idiots.  How many of you don't use your blinkers, ever?  All of you are dbags.  How many of you own a gun with mulitple high capactiy magazines that has no value as a hunting weapon?  All of you are crazy, scarey far right wingers.  Shall I continue? 
 :th_thicon_lol: :th_thicon_lol: :th_thicon_lol:
Jeb
"Keep your booger hook off the bang switch!"
Have you ever looked around at the group of people you are in and thought, "If the Zombie Apocalypse happens right now, this is what I have to work with."?

"...........Not that I'm into hugging dudes..........." 

Online Jeb_66

• Administrator
  • Just Plain Scary
  • Same S#! Different Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2012, 11:55:51 AM »

this!!!

I'm sure there "are" some good guys out there just like there are good of any occupation.  This occupation just really stands out as one dominated by this attitude and behavior.  Maybe its one bad apple ruins the barrel mentality but I have no respect for any towtruck driver whatsoever.

I'll be the a-hole on this I guess.  YOU REALLY NEED TO CHECK YOURSELF ON THAT ATTITUDE!!!!!  I mean holy crap dude.  There's a difference in not respecting someone's profession because it's stupid, or bs, or a drain on the tax payers; and not respecting a PERSON because they have a JOB.  How about you don't respect all the people with NO job that are sucking the life out of this country, and give the average guy just trying to make a living a little break.  So if you bumped into someone at the grocery store who happened to be in a uniform from a tow truck company you'd automatically treat him like crap, and have no respect for him because of the uniform he's wearing?  That's pretty screwed up dude.  All I'm saying. 
Jeb
Have you ever looked around at the group of people you are in and thought, "If the Zombie Apocalypse happens right now, this is what I have to work with."?

Offline Domineaux

• Administrator
  • Tactical Genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2012, 11:56:14 AM »
All of you are crazy, scarey far right wingers. 

Guilty as charged ;)

Suggestions by Domineaux
-Tony

Online Jeb_66

• Administrator
  • Just Plain Scary
  • Same S#! Different Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2012, 11:58:53 AM »
All of you are crazy, scarey far right wingers. 

Guilty as charged ;)

Lmao.  Me too.  I don't mind being scary. 
Jeb

Offline TAMC GLOCK

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2012, 03:24:42 PM »
Look at the picture... your problem is not that they are tow truck drivers it is that they are all cummins 5.9's. Every single ram 5.9 driver thinks that just because they take off their muffler and slap on a 4" pipe that instantly their cheep dodge becomes a 1000 hp race car. Also every one thinks that theirs in particular is for some reason stronger than the identical truck that you see every other a-hole in.
Thanks and Gig 'Em

Offline houstonch73

• Can Pack a Range Bag
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2012, 07:15:37 PM »

this!!!

I'll be the a-hole on this I guess.  YOU REALLY NEED TO CHECK YOURSELF ON THAT ATTITUDE!!!!!  I mean holy crap dude.  There's a difference in not respecting someone's profession because it's stupid, or bs, or a drain on the tax payers; and not respecting a PERSON because they have a JOB.  How about you don't respect all the people with NO job that are sucking the life out of this country, and give the average guy just trying to make a living a little break.  So if you bumped into someone at the grocery store who happened to be in a uniform from a tow truck company you'd automatically treat him like crap, and have no respect for him because of the uniform he's wearing?  That's pretty screwed up dude.  All I'm saying.

Well no need to get wrapped around the axle about it.  That's just how I feel.  I'm sure I have some other opinions on things that we disagree about but I'm not gonna go internet commando on you and criticize you for what you're thinking.  You have your beliefs, I have mine, some are likely the same and some are likely different.  Its ok. That's life and your just as entitled to think what you want as I am for my thoughts.

Finally I get a chance to use this pic!   :P

Online Jeb_66

• Administrator
  • Just Plain Scary
  • Same S#! Different Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2012, 07:32:15 PM »
Lol. That is a good pic. I didn't mean CHECK THAT ATTITUDE OR I'LL DO IT FOR YOU. Lol. I meant self check. I agree everyone can think anything they want, but it amazes me when we get mad about the antigunners acting like we're all crazy and a threat to society since we own guns. They take a specific incident and paint a broad group the same. Which is wrong.  But you're doing the same thing here. Just don't get the difference.
Jeb

Offline houstonch73

• Can Pack a Range Bag
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2012, 07:59:19 PM »
Lol. That is a good pic. I didn't mean CHECK THAT ATTITUDE OR I'LL DO IT FOR YOU. Lol. I meant self check. I agree everyone can think anything they want, but it amazes me when we get mad about the antigunners acting like we're all crazy and a threat to society since we own guns. They take a specific incident and paint a broad group the same. Which is wrong.  But you're doing the same thing here. Just don't get the difference.

I see where you might think that way. The difference is that a majority of the gun owners in the USA are peaceful hunters/collectors/enthusiasts and there's only a small fraction that are commando whackos.  With the tow truck drivers I believe (from my own experiences) that its the opposite.  There's a few good ones out there in a sea of bad ones.  I'm not saying that there are none but since the majority (I believe) are scumbags then that's my first impression when I see one. So based on my past experiences along with common perception, I have those assumptions.  When I see a Mexican riding in the back of a truck beside a lawnmower then yeah I tend to assume he's an illegal.  When I see a black guy with saggin pants, outrageous rims on a toyota tercel and a snarl lip with gold teef then I think he's a gangbanger. When I see a white middle aged white guy wearing dockers and press shirt in a BMW then I presume he's someone who is afraid to get his nails dirty and is clueless about anything mechanical.  What do all of these have in common?  Stereotypes.  Stereotypes aren't always true but they are often based in truth to some degree, just exaggerated.

I guess that's a lot of text to just say stereotypes are pretty powerful and influence everyone to some degree.

Online Jeb_66

• Administrator
  • Just Plain Scary
  • Same S#! Different Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2012, 08:36:46 PM »
I guess that's a lot of text to just say stereotypes are pretty powerful and influence everyone to some degree.

I will agree with that for sure.  I didn't have a problem with your stereotype really, or not understanding why you have it.  Lol. 

I have no respect for any towtruck driver whatsoever.

That is what I had a problem with.  And yes you have the right to feel that way, just as I have the right to disagree, lol.  I'm just saying, that in my opinion, that's pretty messed up.  If you said, "Tow truck drivers that are driving like dbags" instead of WHATSOEVER I never would have said a word about it.  Lol.  But JUST wearing a tow truck uniform is hardly the same as sagging pants, gold teeth, gangsta limp, etc.  I guess it gets the same reaction out of me as people who automatically assume all cops are worthless a-holes who are just out to give the honest man a ticket, just because they have meet a few who are like that. 

I can relate to the stereotype I guess, that's kind of why it irked me.  So many people just assume all of us mechanics are just idiot a-holes trying to rip them off, because that's what they've been trained to think or have had bad experiences with some.  So it's like I have to PROVE I'm not an a-hole trying to rip you off everytime you bring your car to me.  A lot of people in my field, or those close to it, get AUTO labeled as something we're not.  So SOME people, the second they see me in uniform, turn up their nose at me.  Even at a small town grocery store like we have here.  Yes I'm dirty, yes I have an ASE Mechanic patch on my arm, NO I'M NOT A LYING THEIVING PIECE OF CRAP.  Makes me want to pistol whip someone.   :th_thicon_lol:

So you can see why that stuck a nerve with me.  Sorry for turning on my RANT mode when I simply disagreed with you.  We'll just agree to disagree and go on. 

PS - I'm saving that picture.  Lol.  Makes me want to figure out how to put it on my xbox profile.   :th_thicon_lol: :th_thicon_lol:
Jeb

Online Jeb_66

• Administrator
  • Just Plain Scary
  • Same S#! Different Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2012, 08:42:27 PM »
Look at the picture... your problem is not that they are tow truck drivers it is that they are all cummins 5.9's. Every single ram 5.9 driver thinks that just because they take off their muffler and slap on a 4" pipe that instantly their cheep dodge becomes a 1000 hp race car. Also every one thinks that theirs in particular is for some reason stronger than the identical truck that you see every other a-hole in.

Missed that response.  Lol.  That's a LOT closer to the problem I'd think.  I see so much of that crap it's horrible.  My 5.9 can out pull your 5.9.  Ummmm, what?  Unless you've done some MAJOR work, they are still the same.  Lol.  Everyone gets a Bullydog and sets it to EXTREME and think their truck is now EXTREMELY BAD ASS.   :th_thicon_lol: :th_thicon_lol:  Without swapping turbos, injectors, transfer pump, etc, you've still got a regular old 5.9. 

You can swap 5.9 with 7.3, 6.0, 6.6, whatever.  All the same thing. 
Jeb

Offline Ceejmo

• 15 Yard Shooter
  • ἀνδρίζομαι
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2012, 05:01:44 AM »

You can swap 5.9 with 7.3, 6.0, 6.6, whatever.  All the same thing.

Yeah, but 5.9s do it better.

It's hard to free people from the chains of stupidity when they wear them like jewelry.
Freedom or free stuff, you only get one.