Author Topic: Conceal carry insurance?  (Read 8616 times)

Offline Dreamliner787

• Rimfire Shooter
    • View Profile
Conceal carry insurance?
« on: April 11, 2012, 10:46:33 PM »
Given what's going on with George Zimmerman, is conceal carry insurance a good idea?  Which insurance company?

Online Jeb_66

• Administrator
  • Just Plain Scary
  • Same S#! Different Day
    • View Profile
Re: Conceal carry insurance?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 10:59:05 PM »
What exactly does it DO for you?  I've heard of this but never really looked into it. 
Jeb
"Keep your booger hook off the bang switch!"
Have you ever looked around at the group of people you are in and thought, "If the Zombie Apocalypse happens right now, this is what I have to work with."?

"...........Not that I'm into hugging dudes..........." 

Offline Ceejmo

• 15 Yard Shooter
  • ἀνδρίζομαι
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 05:38:27 AM »
I haven't heard of "conceal carry insurance". I have heard of prepaid legal plans.
A guy named Randy Wells from LegalShield spoke at my CHL class and rep'd his company. The handouts recommended the following youtube videos.

http://youtu.be/i8z7NC5sgik

http://youtu.be/CkZf6_jK3Zs

http://youtu.be/08fZQWjDVKE

It's hard to free people from the chains of stupidity when they wear them like jewelry.
Freedom or free stuff, you only get one.

Offline lightskye

• Single Stage Reloader
  • Not the face!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 06:10:06 AM »
It's not a bad idea.  I'm signed up with Texas Law Shield (http://www.texaslawshield.com/).  How effective is it?  Couldn't say I've ever had to use their services (and hope I never need to find out) but it's better than nothing.  Mainly, I like knowing who to call in the middle of the night if I wind up in jail over a CHL self-defense altercation.

Offline texanron

• Gun Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 07:21:30 AM »
The odds of me as a CHL holder being involved in a shooting are extremely slim therefore I decided to not pursue the pre paid legal service.

Offline kdog22

• Hits the Target
  • Zombie Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 07:38:01 AM »
It's not a bad idea.  I'm signed up with Texas Law Shield (http://www.texaslawshield.com/).  How effective is it?  Couldn't say I've ever had to use their services (and hope I never need to find out) but it's better than nothing.  Mainly, I like knowing who to call in the middle of the night if I wind up in jail over a CHL self-defense altercation.

My wife and I are signed up with them. If something were to ever happen, i will be damn glad i'm signed up. Slim chances, yes. But it gives you a piece of mind.
"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" Thomas Jefferson.

http://themutineers.info/            :rocknroll:

BG1960

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 09:24:22 AM »
I forget which one spoke at our class.  We both were put off by the way it was presented.  First, that sittin' through the hardsell spiel was part of the class.  Second, that anyone that didn't immediately fight their way to be first to sign up was an idiot, communist, and probably the type that would stomp on baby rabbits.

Online Domineaux

• Administrator
  • Tactical Genius
  • Work from home server admin and family man
    • View Profile
    • Suggestions by Domineaux
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 10:51:10 AM »
I forget which one spoke at our class.  We both were put off by the way it was presented.  First, that sittin' through the hardsell spiel was part of the class.  Second, that anyone that didn't immediately fight their way to be first to sign up was an idiot, communist, and probably the type that would stomp on baby rabbits.

Not sure about Texas Law Shield but Legal Shield use to be "Prepaid Legal" and is promoted like an MLM so I would expect that was the one you had to sit through the hard sell on as the CHL instructor earns income from sign ups.
"One cannot restrict the defiant by constraining the compliant."

Project One Million:Texas - Click here and Join NRA Today!
Suggestions by Domineaux
-Tony

Offline SpecOpsDocRet

• Gun Show Attendee
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 12:17:06 PM »
Sounds like a good idea.  Reminds me of what a friend of mine said years ago " Every bullet fired in a SD situation has a lawyer attached to it ".
" You can die like a Tiger or live like a pussy "

Offline Ceejmo

• 15 Yard Shooter
  • ἀνδρίζομαι
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2012, 02:42:55 PM »

After viewing the website I think Texas Lawshield is the way we're going to go.
LegalShield is more of an all purpose legal service and does not cover CHL related legal services 100% like Texas Law Shield does.

It's hard to free people from the chains of stupidity when they wear them like jewelry.

Online Jeb_66

• Administrator
  • Just Plain Scary
  • Same S#! Different Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2012, 02:53:07 PM »
What do they do?  Lol. No one has answered me (on my phone at work and can't watch the videos posted yet). If one of those videos answers my question someone nutshell it for me. I mean you just pay a retainer fee and if you ever need a lawyer because you used a firearm in self defense they have you covered?  Or what?  Lol.
Jeb
Have you ever looked around at the group of people you are in and thought, "If the Zombie Apocalypse happens right now, this is what I have to work with."?

Online Domineaux

• Administrator
  • Tactical Genius
  • Work from home server admin and family man
    • View Profile
    • Suggestions by Domineaux
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2012, 04:04:40 PM »
What do they do?  Lol. No one has answered me (on my phone at work and can't watch the videos posted yet). If one of those videos answers my question someone nutshell it for me. I mean you just pay a retainer fee and if you ever need a lawyer because you used a firearm in self defense they have you covered?  Or what?  Lol.

Texas Law Shield works pretty much exactly like that. Either though work similar by making legal retainer into an insurance model. Get 10,000 people paying a small monthly fee for protection "in case" it is ever needed, and the lawyers cover you (differing degrees) if you happen to be the 1 in 10,000 who ends up needing it.
"One cannot restrict the defiant by constraining the compliant."

Project One Million:Texas - Click here and Join NRA Today!
Suggestions by Domineaux
-Tony

Offline Ceejmo

• 15 Yard Shooter
  • ἀνδρίζομαι
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2012, 04:31:19 PM »
From the Texas Law Sgield website

Texas Law Shield is a legal defense retainer program developed by Walker, Rice, & Wisdom, P.C. We are a law firm (not an insurance company or a referral service) that has developed a Texas wide program for CHL holders. You sign up and pay our firm a retainer of $10.95/month  or $131.40 annually (plus a one-time  fee of $19.95 for you initial attorney advice packet) and if you ever use your gun anywhere in the State of Texas, whether you pull the trigger or not, we will defend your freedom for no additional attorneys' fees.  This same great protection is now available if you travel outside the State of Texas and select the Multi-State option.  (A complete list of states included in this program is available on the Multi-State page of this website). This is peace of mind every CHL holder can afford. Get protected. Get Texas Law Shield.

In a nutshell

Online Jeb_66

• Administrator
  • Just Plain Scary
  • Same S#! Different Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2012, 06:11:12 PM »
Oh ok.  So 11 bucks a month and if you ever use your weapon you don't have to pay another dime to them while they handle your case?  That's a pretty cool idea. 
Jeb

Offline Ceejmo

• 15 Yard Shooter
  • ἀνδρίζομαι
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2012, 06:56:05 PM »
Oh ok.  So 11 bucks a month and if you ever use your weapon you don't have to pay another dime to them while they handle your case?  That's a pretty cool idea.

There are some things that. You might have to pay for like professional witness, court fees and subpoenas. But the legal fees are covered. Check out their site when you get a chance. They explain it well in the downloadable PDF.

Online Jeb_66

• Administrator
  • Just Plain Scary
  • Same S#! Different Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2012, 07:27:42 PM »
 :th_thicon_idea: :th_thicon_idea: :th_thicon_idea: :th_thicon_idea:  Thanks for the heads up. 
Jeb

Offline seniledavid

• 5 Yard Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2012, 11:26:52 PM »
Tone it down - only warning - Shipwreck (admin)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 08:33:08 AM by Shipwreck »
Make dead... PERMANENT!

Offline Ceejmo

• 15 Yard Shooter
  • ἀνδρίζομαι
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2012, 05:10:22 AM »
What's sad is that you can hear the poor kid screaming for help.....

There are conflicting reports on the audio. Some say the screaming was Zimmerman while getting the crap beat out of him and others say it was the kid.

I am not convinced either way but that's what the jury is for. Just hope they're not confused by the media and stick to the facts.

Online Jeb_66

• Administrator
  • Just Plain Scary
  • Same S#! Different Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2012, 07:33:23 AM »
Tone it down - only warning - Shipwreck (admin)

Are you f'ing kidding me?  NOW who's being racist?  If we are SO racist why would we support a Hispanic over a African?  Wouldn't we just be happy that they are killing each other?  I'm not going to dive back into the Zimmerman thing since it's a big case of until some ACTUAL FACTS come to light.  I like the person calling people out for making racist comments and complaining about those comments to admins just called "most of us" racists.   :facepalm:

Now, where's that report button?   :th_thicon_surprised:
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 08:33:33 AM by Shipwreck »
Jeb

Offline Dreamliner787

• Rimfire Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2012, 07:52:42 AM »
Come on now, stay on topic and let's not go sideways.  What applies to all CHL holder is when ever we engage with our weapons we open the legal pandora's for both criminal or civil litigation.  Whether he's guilty or not he'll face a huge amount legal issues.  Again, these legal issues will apply to all of us CHL when we draw our weapons out and engage.