Author Topic: ATI Beretta Clone  (Read 2088 times)

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Weapons Designer
  • I am GROOT!
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
ATI Beretta Clone
« on: April 03, 2011, 11:30:55 PM »
Anyone here have one of these? Hell, CDNN s selling them for $299.00

I am a huge Beretta fan (obviously0, and I'd love to get a Centurion sized 92... But I just gotta have the real deall... Not really into a Turkish clone...

At least Berretta owns Stoeger, and transferred the Cougar equipment to them. So, the Stoeger cougars are still close enough to Beretta that I don't mind one of those... But an ATI Beretta... Just can't do it...

Offline Rusty Shackleford

• Janitor
  • Administrator
  • Ammunition Expert
  • Only the dead have seen the end of war.
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Blog
ATI Beretta Clone
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 12:04:59 AM »
buy me one and ill shoot it for you and report back with my findings..

Offline Colonel

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
ATI Beretta Clone
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 12:42:43 AM »
Quote from: Shipwreck;9464
Hell, CDNN s selling them for $299.00

Are they reputable?
Are you gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie? - Josey Wales

Offline nalioth

• Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • Novarata.net
ATI Beretta Clone
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 04:02:33 AM »
Quote from: Colonel;9472
Are they reputable?

CDNN is a pillar of the gun sales community.

They've been in business for decades and always have good prices on stuff.

CDNN Sports

"Tactical" is a mindset, not an equipment list.

HomeForum | Blog | ❏ PicPaste | ☎ Nalioth

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Weapons Designer
  • I am GROOT!
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
ATI Beretta Clone
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 06:08:06 AM »
Quote from: nalioth;9488
CDNN is a pillar of the gun sales community.

They've been in business for decades and always have good prices on stuff.

CDNN Sports

Yea, I've bought from CDNN many times. It's just the quality of the gun I'm not sure of. I've only seen a few reviews. One guy complains about the finish andthe quality. Next guy says it looks just like a Beretta, quality wise. So....

Just wondering if anyone here had one...

Offline mikebaker1129

• Can Tell a Magazine From a Clip
    • View Profile
ATI Beretta Clone
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 08:54:07 PM »
I have been on the fence for awhile. I liked the low price,but thought for my 1st Beretta type, I would go with the real thing,so I went with the 92FS.
I am still thinking hard on the ATI clone though $299 US is not alot of money these days !

What is different about the centurion versus a 92FS ? Is it just a shorter barrel ?

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Weapons Designer
  • I am GROOT!
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
ATI Beretta Clone
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 09:07:57 PM »
Yes, just the shorter barrel.

There was a centurion Beretta, but it has been discontinued for a while.

I just can't bring myself to do it. I will say that no one has the price on them that CDNN has. I've seen them around $400 or more at some retail places.

I suppose if I could get one for $299 SHIPPED and with taxes, THEN I might be tempted :confused:

Offline nalioth

• Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • Novarata.net
ATI Beretta Clone
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 09:09:51 PM »
Quote from: Shipwreck;9597
I suppose if I could get one for $299 SHIPPED and with taxes, THEN I might be tempted :confused:

If CDNN has'em for $299, other vendors will, too, so look around at out-of-state vendors  :)

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Weapons Designer
  • I am GROOT!
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
ATI Beretta Clone
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2011, 09:16:50 PM »
Well, my point is that I still can't get it for that cost with shipping and FFL fee - so, I'm not gonna bother. I'd rather have the real deal 100% of the time. It would take me a long time before I'd trust the thing.

Anyway - I onlyw anted tos ee if anyone here had one and what they thought of it.

Offline ChinaSeaSailor

• Knows How to Use a Holster
    • View Profile
ATI Beretta Clone
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2011, 09:42:06 PM »
they make copies of The High Power also - you rather have one of them or real thing? I like Smith revolvers and pay more than what a Taurus would cost - when you get my age you know THE REAL THING is worth it!!!
Fair Winds and Following Sea

Offline nalioth

• Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • Novarata.net
ATI Beretta Clone
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2011, 09:47:21 PM »
I'm not sure what all the snobbery is about.

The Turkish guns are made on (formerly) licensed Beretta machinery, so unless they're just crap (bad steel, shoddy fitment, etc), what's the problem?

FM Hi-Powers (made in Argentina) are IMHO the best buy for a Hi-Power pistol.  They're equal in performance to the ones with the "Browning" rollmarks.

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Weapons Designer
  • I am GROOT!
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
ATI Beretta Clone
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2011, 10:01:34 PM »
Quote from: nalioth;9616
I'm not sure what all the snobbery is about.

The Turkish guns are made on (formerly) licensed Beretta machinery, so unless they're just crap (bad steel, shoddy fitment, etc), what's the problem?

No, you are mixing up the two guns. The Stoeger Cougar IS made off of Beretta equipment. I have a 45 Stoeger cougar, actually.

The ATi clone of the 92FS is NOT made off of beretta equipment. It's just a clone copied by another company altogether. And, while there are a few clones of the Beretta around the world (there is a close slide version from South Africa, actually) - it's STILL not a Beretta. And as a whole, ATI is not that high of a quality brand.

Offline nalioth

• Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • Novarata.net
ATI Beretta Clone
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2011, 10:20:20 PM »
Quote from: Shipwreck;9620
And as a whole, ATI is not that high of a quality brand.
ATI just an importer, right?.  Who actually makes the guns for them?

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Weapons Designer
  • I am GROOT!
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
ATI Beretta Clone
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2011, 10:21:36 PM »
Quote from: nalioth;9623
ATI just an importer, right?.  Who actually makes the guns for them?

ATI is listed as the maufacturer as well. If they are contracting out, no one at the Beretta Forum knows who it is. They make some other clones as well.

Offline ChinaSeaSailor

• Knows How to Use a Holster
    • View Profile
ATI Beretta Clone
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2011, 01:05:37 AM »
in a couple of months I will be 62 years old - once I could not afford the Real Thing but now I can - no a South American High Power will never hold value like a Belgian or Canadian - it is not being snobbish to have what I chose - I have a 2010 Murano not a Chevy because I wanted the Quality!!! in my humble opinion I opine
Fair Winds and Following Sea

Offline nalioth

• Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • Novarata.net
ATI Beretta Clone
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2011, 01:44:35 AM »
Quote from: ChinaSeaSailor;9639
in a couple of months I will be 62 years old - once I could not afford the Real Thing but now I can - no a South American High Power will never hold value like a Belgian or Canadian - it is not being snobbish to have what I chose - I have a 2010 Murano not a Chevy because I wanted the Quality!!! in my humble opinion I opine

I didn't say anything about "holding value".

It's performance that matters, not names.

"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet" - Romeo & Juliet

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Weapons Designer
  • I am GROOT!
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
ATI Beretta Clone
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2011, 06:25:52 AM »
Quote from: ChinaSeaSailor;9639

I am a big time 1911 fan. I am familiar with Hi Powers. Both are older designs , and are more of an open design. ANYONE can make them.

However, I don't know all the legalities about the various copies fo Beretta 92s all over the world - however, you don't see a ton fo people cloning Glocks or XDs, etc. There are some aftermarket glock slides and even frames. However, the quality of these items are really good, and are used by competitors.

ATIs quality is not known to be really good - at least not yet. And, from what I can tell, much of what they sell are cheaper copies of other guns. So, it's not quite like a different variant of a hi power or a 1911. To me, it's not nearly the real deal.

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Weapons Designer
  • I am GROOT!
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
Re: ATI Beretta Clone
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2011, 12:59:37 PM »
UPDATE - word at the Beretta Forum is that ATI lost the rights to import these (I do not know the particulars). And, apparently CDNN bought the last ones available. There is one or two at Independence Firearms (the last time I was there). But, if you get one of these, it may be an unsupported product. Just an FYI.

And, the locking block is apparently not exactly the same as a Beretta - probably an older generation style locking block...

Offline 3rdman

• Can Line Up The Sights
    • View Profile
Re: ATI Beretta Clone
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2011, 10:11:58 PM »
These guns are are known as the Yavuz 16 and are made by a Turkish company called Girsan.  I owned one of their closed-slide variants called the Bora that I purchased from Brad Taylor off the Beretta Forum a few years back.  He had several new ones for sale that were imported by EAA Corp. in a distribution deal that I guess never went through.  The fit and finish was quite good with no obvious tool marks  and it was a perfectly reliable range shooter, though I always felt the break on the single-action trigger felt a little vague.  I could never get a Beretta upper completely onto its frame or vice versa, something about the dimensions of the rails was off. 

That's been my experience anyway.  Nothing special, but a nice enough gun at that price.  I'll bet parts that are more likely to fail, like the springs, could easily be replaced with ones from a Beretta 92.