Author Topic: How to Build an AR-15 Beginner’s Guide – Part One  (Read 408 times)

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Weapons Designer
  • I am GROOT!
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
How to Build an AR-15 Beginner’s Guide – Part One
« on: July 08, 2013, 09:17:48 AM »
How to Build an AR-15 Beginner’s Guide – Part One

You do not always have to go to a gun store to purchase an AR-15. Surprised? I know I was when I first ventured into the hobby of building custom AR-15’s. Some of you may not know, but building your own AR-15 is actually quite simple. However, if you do not know anything about the process, or where to start, you have come to the right place. I am going to start this “How to Build an AR-15″ series off with a list of frequently asked questions that I receive from individuals starting out with the hobby and possibly wanting to build their first AR-15.

http://thearmsguide.com/2905/how-to-build-an-ar-15-beginners-guide-part-one/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheArmsGuide+%28The+Arms+Guide%29

Offline Geoman

• Professional Target Hanger
    • View Profile
Re: How to Build an AR-15 Beginner’s Guide – Part One
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 08:37:01 PM »
Pretty good one. 

I built my lower from instructions on the AR15 forum then added a AR57 upper to make the most fun plinker around; 50 round mags and flat trajectory out to 100 yards.  I shoot mine with a Burris FFII Red Dot.  Could be used for hunting up to a coyote I would think.  But so far it's a range toy for me; when I can find ammo.
Illegitimi non carborundum